Take full advantage of this fully customizable Athens area tour based on any special interests you have that could determine extra stops or visits.
A typical day tour from Athens will include some of the following sites which aim to offer to you an offbeat look.
- Pick up from your hotel or cruise ship
- Anafiotika walk around the Acropolis rock.
- Psiri, Gazi, Athens Central Market
- “Old style” Greek cuisine
- Boat museum and the ancient “trieres”
- Mount Lycabettus
- Stavros Niarchos Foundation Center (new site – great sea views)
- Piraeus port and coastline marinas
- Real Greek food places
- Snack & drink or picnic in a convenient non touristy location based on the final itinerary
- Drop-off to your base
Additionally, you can consider including to your tour itinerary some of the more common/popular sites like: Acropolis & museum, National museum, Benaki museum, Plaka & Monastiraki area, national garden, Zappeion, Temple of Olympian Zeus, Panathenaic stadium. Also Cape Sounion with the temple of Poseidon or Corinth canal & ancient Corinth but each one will require almost half of your day (3-4 hours).
Some of the above will be part of your itinerary, based on your personal interests and subject to the time needed for each of one them.