We start from the center of Athens or any of the other locations you prefer. It is a short drive to Piraeus port for the boat pick up that will take us to Hydra island within (approximately) two hours and usually via Poros island too. the great views from withing the fast passenger boat (hydrofoil) trip will allow you to see many small and bigger islands of the Saronic Gulf surrounded by the amazing and hard to believe blue of the water.
Hydra island is a great relaxing but cosmopolitan alternative to the craziness of Mykonos and Santorini! The hiding place of many recent celebrities but also from the past including Jacky Kennedy & Onassis, John Lennon, Maria Kalas, Sophia Loren, and many more.
You will have enough time to take photos and explore at your pace spots such as:
– Statue of A.Miaoulis & the Merchant Marine Academy.
– Monastery of the Assumption of the Virgin Mary.
– Walk from Hydra port along the coastline to Kaminia port and back to Hydra town/port around the back streets.
– The Lazaros Kountouriotis Museum.
– Square of the Five Hydriot Prime Ministers & Rafalias Pharmacy.
– Sophia Loren’s windmill.
There are limitless places next to the water for enjoying lunch, drinks, coffee and/or dessert, before we ride the boat to return to Piraeus port and then to your Athens accommodation.