‘Eudaimonia’ is the trading name of Eudaimonia Private Tours of Greece, a tour provider officially registered under the Greek National Tourism Organization with business license number: 1245E70000044101.
The ‘client’ is the person or persons who has made a confirmed booking with Eudaimonia.
Acceptance of Booking
- A booking is accepted by Eudaimonia, only when we have received a 30% deposit and confirmed the booking by email if the booking is made more than 60 days in advance of the tour departure
- A booking is also accepted by Eudaimonia, when we have received full payment and confirmed the booking by email if the booking is made less than 60 days before the tour departure.
- On receipt of payment as detailed above, subject to availability and at our discretion, Eudaimonia will reserve the client’s tour.
- Payments made by Paypal, either through Eudaimonia’s website or directly through Paypal are subject to an additional cost of 3.8% to 4.5% (PayPal Transaction Fee), which you must pay to Eudaimonia on the day of the book tour and prior to the start of the tour.
- The client’s booking does not cover travel insurance.
- Eudaimonia strongly recommends that the client purchases travel insurance cover for cancellation, medical expenses, personal accident, personal luggage, money and public liability before you travel. The client should ensure that any activities undertaken by the client during the Tour are covered by their insurance, in this regard, please note that certain activities may require specific insurance and it is a matter for the client to ascertain the position with their insurer before partaking in any activity. Eudaimonia accepts no responsibility for loss or personal damage to personal belongings or liability for personal injury/death.
Cancellation of a booking by the client:
- The client must notify Eudaimonia by email. Cancellation charges are calculated based on the day of the email notification and the start date of the first tour, as shown below; unless differently specified in the email communication between the client and Eudaimonia:
Over 90 days (from the email notification date and the start date of the first tour) with a 30% cancellation fee to be charged
Between 90-60 days with a 60% cancellation fee to be charged
Under 60 days with a 100% cancellation fee to be charged
- If the client wishes to change to an alternative departure date or tour, this can be done at any time before the day of the tour but it is subject to availability and possibly extra cost due to administration fees and charges or non-refundable deposits which have been paid to third party suppliers (hotels, etc).
- All bank transfers and refund costs are to be paid by the client.
Cancellation of a tour by Eudaimonia:
- If a tour is cancelled by Eudaimonia, Eudaimonia will offer a full refund, or alternative travel arrangements. In this case, no incidental or consequential expenses will be paid by Eudaimonia.
- If access to any area or site is prohibited for reasons beyond Eudaimonia’s control the client will be entitled to a refund only if Eudaimonia can’t offer alternative services.
- Eudaimonia itineraries are flexible and if possible the requirements of clients will be facilitated. Eudaimonia reserves the right to vary, modify or cancel any itinerary, either partly or wholly. Itineraries published are sample itineraries only and may be amended without notice. Eudaimonia also reserves the right to use alternative vehicles to those advertised.
- Bookings can only be used by the client/s to whom the booking was initially arranged for; no other person can use the booking in any circumstances.
- The client may also be asked to produce valid photo or/and passport number identification.
- Our Eudaimonia tours are not physically active, with varying levels of demands and fitness requirements depending on the specific itinerary and duration of the tour. By booking your tour you represent that you do not have any physical or other conditions that would create a hazard for you
- If you have a physical or medical condition, dietary restriction, or other condition that will require special attention during the tour, you must inform us in writing when the booking is made.
- Please be aware in this regard that participation in each individual activity is a matter for the client on a day to day basis during the tour. If you do not want to participate in a particular activity, please let the Eudaimonia Representative know.
- Eudaimonia assumes no responsibility for any medical care provided to you. You agree to assume all costs of medical care and related transportation that are provided to you during the tour.
- The client is responsible for all travel arrangements and costs to/from the point of commencement/conclusion of the tour.
- The client agrees that Eudaimonia may take photographs and videos of the client during the tour. These may be used in Eudaimonia brochures, electronic media (website, facebook, youtube, etc) and/or other means of advertising after obtaining consent from the client.
- The contract and all matters arising in respect hereof shall be subject to Greek law and the jurisdiction of the Greek Courts, unless we agree otherwise in writing.
- If any provision of these terms and conditions is held invalid or unenforceable by any court of competent jurisdiction, that provision shall be deemed to be re-written to give effect to the same purpose within the permitted limits of the law. The validity and enforceability of the other provisions shall not be affected.
- If the client is unsuccessful in any legal action instituted against us, the client agrees to pay all our costs, including, but not limited to, legal costs.
- Clients must be aged 18 years and over.
- You agree that the sole remedy for any default by Eudaimonia arising under this agreement shall be the return of the paid tour cost. To the maximum extent permitted under applicable law, Eudaimonia shall not be liable for any special, consequential, indirect, incidental or other damages arising out of or in any way connected to this agreement, including lost profits, whether such damages arise in contract, negligence, tort, under statute, in equity, at law or otherwise, even if Eudaimonia has been advised of the possibility of such damages. You expressly waive any right you may have to recover such damages.
Weather Conditions & Force Majeure
- The client accepts that certain activities and aspects of Eudaimonia tours are weather dependent and that under no circumstances can Eudaimonia be held responsible for weather conditions.
- Eudaimonia will not be deemed in breach of these terms and conditions or otherwise liable to you, by reason of delay in performance or nonperformance of any of its obligations under these terms and conditions to the extent that any such delay or nonperformance is due to any Force Majeure. “Force Majeure” means any circumstances beyond the reasonable control of Eudaimonia, including without limitation acts of God, terrorist activities, insurrection, explosion, flood, tempest, forceful wind, fire or accident, war or threat of war declared or undeclared, sabotage, civil disturbance, labor strikes, requisition, sickness, quarantine, government intervention, weather conditions, volcanic ash clouds and unforeseen circumstances.
- If Eudaimonia and/or any of its Suppliers are affected by Force Majeure, they shall be entitled to, and may in their sole discretion, vary or cancel any itinerary or arrangement in relation to the tour. Regarding civil unrest, once Eudaimonia has investigated the prevailing situation, it shall remain in Eudaimonia’s sole and absolute discretion whether to commence or proceed with a tour.
- In the event that a tour has to be cancelled due to Force Majeure then the client will be offered a full refund or an alternative tour at no extra cost.
- Eudaimonia operates a strict no-smoking policy on all its vehicles and tours. Drivers/guides are all non smokers.
- The booking conditions detailed herein together with the Waiver of Liability contain the entire contract between the client and Eudaimonia. No representation, term, warranty or condition can be expressed or implied by reference to any other writing, advertisement or conversation. This contract may only be varied in writing by a duly authorised Director of Eudaimonia.
- The client’s contract is with Eudaimonia as the tour operating company. At any time and at Eudaimonia’s discretion, we may nominate to the client in writing any other company or person to have the benefit of some or all of those provisions of this contract, which Eudaimonia may then specify, as if the client had agreed the provisions directly with that company or person in the first place as well as agreeing them with Eudaimonia. Eudaimonia may, at its complete discretion assign all or any rights and liabilities arising under or by virtue of this or any other contract with the client.
These terms and conditions are valid for all reservations made through 2017 and 2018.